Friday, July 24, 2009

The Trip!

Sorry for not updating again. There hasn’t been much to report up until now. This summer has been very boring so far and if you only knew how boring you would be thanking me for not updating. Anyways, enough of that. I am very excited to say that we are leaving for our trip on August 10th. First stop on the trip is a visit with the Herrin Twins in Salt Lake City, Utah. I get to meet them on August 12th (my birthday). Nice birthday present eh? I sure think so. After that we are taking the train to Denver, Colorado and from there we are flying to Nashville for 2 days. (I need a cowboy hat!) Then we will be meeting the Buckles family in Washington D.C. We will be in Washington for 6 days and from there we are going to New York City for 5 days. Thanks Mom! I am going to meet with the Buckles and give them the money we have fundraised for. Melissa Buckles, Erin and Jade’s mom is trying to arrange for me to meet Solomon, the dog that is being specially trained for Erin. I can’t wait! My Dad’s friend had very generously given me a cheque for $500 for Toonies for Twins. That is the most awesomist thing ever! Thank you so so so much Tony! That brings the grand total up to $3750 Canadian Dollars. I am not sure how much that will be when I transfer it to U.S. dollars but I’m sure it’s still a lot. Maybe Ill get lucky and the currency will change in my favor... Actually, I won’t count on that because I have horrid luck. I am very excited to be meeting the Herrin Twins on this trip. I have been waiting for this for a whole year! Kendra and Maliyah are also formerly conjoined twins. They have the same birthday as Erin and Jade, just 2 years apart. Kendra and Maliyah have recently been on TLC telling their story. They are former Omphalopagus\Ischiopagus twins. That basically means they were born joined at the abdomen and pelvis. They shared two legs and one kidney and I’m almost positive they are the first set of conjoined twins on record to be successfully separated with only one kidney. Kendra got the kidney and Maliyah received a transplant from her mother. You can see their full story on their website www.herrintwins.com I highly recommend it! Well, I must go, Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keira! I was just reading your updates! Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Make sure to post some pix of you with the girls. I saw the Herrins on TLC, they are such a nice family.
    Say hi to your mom. We're in Florida right now, tell her I've posted some pix of my tanned kiddos on FB.
    Hope you're having a fun summer. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keira!
    Hey, sorry I haven't seen your blog in a while...so busy >_<
    But i still think it's awesome what you're doing, glad to see you've raised so much (holy crap, SO MUCH!) money, and have an AMAZING TRIP!
    Your mom told me all about it when i dropped off the garage sale stuff way back when, and i read up on it again. I must say, I'm jealous :)
    Cheers, and see you at Mayfield
    -Mar

    ReplyDelete