Saturday, February 21, 2009

We did it!

Oh boy, do I ever have news! Last night my mother went and e-mailed this link to everyone she new and Lesley Anderson (my newly appointed best friend!) has offered to pay the exchange for American currency. This is so great! I then went to babysit for a few hours and made thirty dollars! Of course that all went to Toonies for twins witch brings the total up to… $960 but oh, what’s this? I forgot the $20 my wonderful mother put in my box yesterday, which makes it $980. When I got home from babysitting my mother informed me that her boyfriend’s mother, Dawn had made a donation of $20 dollars…$1000! Oh my gosh, we did it! And by “we” I mean every single person who has ever made a donation or helped me with fundraising. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Keira, that's amazing!!! You have worked hard to make that happen and we are all very impressed and proud of you! We wish there were many other 13 1/2 year olds like you who had the desire and determination to help people. Way to go! We can't wait to meet you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Keira -- Great Work!! You can definately make more money babysitting my Angels : )
    I have some books that you can sell at your garage sale to go to the cause too!

    ReplyDelete