Sunday, November 14, 2010

For Brennan

I know this has nothing to do with Toonies For Twins, but I need to do this, I need to put this here, for everyone to remember.

On november 9th, a boy at my school, Brennan McCartnrey, commited suicide. It was a shock to everyone, and every day, I still see people sobbing in the halways. Brennan was a trumpet major in the music program, he was on the rugby team, he took two girls to prom because they didnt have dates. He was on my bus, he lived a couple streets away from me, he was in my department at school (music), and even though I never knew him, its still hard to think that Im alive while one of my peers, a boy who lived in my town, is dead. I will look at things out the window of the bus, things that he once looked at too, I will walk down the halways at school and sit in clasroooms where he once walked and sat in too. But, unfortunatly, he never will again.

Brennan was a boy who coulnt see any other way out, a way to get past his misery. He will be sorely missed with heavy hearts.

In the words of Rasal Flats, why did you leave the stage in the middle of the song, Brennan? Who ever told you life wasnt worth the fight? They were wrong, they lied. Now your gone, and we cry. 'Cause its not like you to walk away in the middle of a song.

This ones for you, Brennan. Rest easy.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment