Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A new Beginning

Hi. Its been a year, and to tell the truth, I have been putting this off for quite a while now because I am upset with myself for not doing anything last year. High school was a bit of a sensory overload for me, too many changes happening all at once. I needed some time to get back on my feet. Since I last wrote anything here, my braces have come off, and retainers have come in their place, I made some really great friends and lost some equally great ones as well. I got an 80 in math ( by the skin of my teeth) and passed all my exams. My hair got chopped off again, and I spent a wonderfull summer in Ireland with my extended family. One of the most earth-shattering changes came when I learned that Emma and Taylor Bailey, the twins I had decided last year to fund-raise for, had passed away. They will be sorely misses by all, gone but never forgotten.
With Emma and Taylor's memory burning brightly, and fiercly in our hearts, this year we have decided to help a family a little closer to home. Tatiana and Krista Hogan live in Vernon, British Columbia. The girls are craniopagus conjoined twins, which means tat they are joined at the head and in this case, can never be seperated. But from what I have seen and heard of these soon-to-be four-year-olds, they are probably the happiest girls in the world, with a family who loves them dearly and a promise that no matter how hard things get, they will never be alone. Lets help them, like we helped Erin, make things even a little bit easier. The goal this year is five thousand folks, lets do for Tatiana and Krista what we would have done for Emma and Taylor. I know we can.
If you read back a few posts, you'll probably remember the reference I made to having two families in mind. Those families were the Hogan's and the Bailey's. I will always wonder what would have happened had I continued last year, but since I will never know, I am dedicating this years efforts to Emma and Taylor. Please, always keep a special place in your hearts for these girls, for they were gone too soon. But also keep a special place in your hearts for Tatiana and Krista, for they live life to its fullest every single day.

9 comments:

  1. great post good to hear that you are going to help out another family keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back to help some more twin's, one question what kind of twins were the Bailey's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kiera im super excited to help you with the Hogan's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww those twins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can these twins be separated?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, the girls can never be seperated because of how entwined their brains and blood vessels are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know when you put a picture beside you name it cuts of the first word

    ReplyDelete
  8. what happend to hte thermomitor?

    ReplyDelete