Saturday, August 22, 2009

Canadian Embassy

Yesterday was a big day. I didn’t realize I hadn’t mentioned this before, so I’ll have to explain it all now. As everyone knows, I’m here in Washington to present the money to Erin and her family. What I forgot to tell you is that it was arranged so I would present the money to Paws For People at the Canadian embassy! Terry and Diana were there from Paws for people and a representative from the Canadian embassy was there as well. The night before the presentation I was told I was going to have to say a few words. Of course I didn’t get much sleep that night. When we got to the embassy there was a guy with a TV camera! Nobody told me about that either! I got to meet SOLOMON, Erins future dog, and they are so good together! Everyone there thought I was bringing a cheque but I had it all in cash. I’ll tell you why later. First the guy from the Canadian embassy spoke, then Terry, then me, then Melissa (she got all choked up. Awww) and then we took pictures. Jade insisted on having one with just me and nobody else in it. When Erin opened the envelope and saw all the money her face was priceless! That’s why I brought cash. A cheque means nothing to a five-year-old. Cash on the other hand…you can see! I later found out that Erin wanted to keep the original envelope I gave her the money in. They had to go find a new one to give to Paws For People. Isn’t that cute? After all that, we went out side to Play for a while. Jade held my hand as we were walking. SO CUTE. We played tag for a while but Erin was getting too hot. I think Taylor was too. Jade asked me when I was coming back from New York. She thought I was coming back to Washington after that. I had to tell her that after New York I was going back to Canada. When it was time to go she asked if they could call us. SO CUTE. I got some big hugs From Taylor and Jade and Erin. And Melissa too. Erin and Jade couldn’t stop waving and saying goodbye from the van. Best Conjoined Twins Day EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment