Saturday, April 30, 2011

Italy

Two weeks ago, I got back from a school trip to Italy. 56 kids from the music department went on a ten day trip to Venice, Florence and Rome. We also went to a few smaller places like Padova and Luca and Vatican City (which is not in Italy). We were in Venice for two days, Florence for four days and Rome for two days as well. We say things like the Colosseum, St. Peters Basilica, St. Marks Basilica, and lots and lots of churches.






I went on a gondola!



My favorite place was Luca, me and my friends rented Bikes for an hour and rode around the city wall which was really beautiful. It was also really painful because the night before that, I had a really bad fall and hurt my arm pretty bad. I couldn't move my arm past a ninety degree angle, which means I couldn't reach the handlebars. Or get my hand anywhere near my face for that matter. Two weeks later and I still don't have my full range of motion back.



I went on a gondola!



I'm sure your wondering what the heck I could have fallen off of to hurt myself so badly. The truth is, I was just stepping over a chain tied between two posts when My foot caught and down I went. But you see, I was provoked. As I was stepping over this chain, one of my teachers called out “Oh no Keira, don't fall!” I looked up to glare at him and my foot didn't quite clear the chain. Down I went. He felt petty bad about it. And don't call me a klutz, It was only partly my fault, right?



Right.



Did you know that I went on a gondola?



It was so beautiful in Italy and the food was so good, coming back to Canada just didn't feel right. What also didn't feel right is the six hour time difference. Which, by the way, I cant seem to shake. I have been up since 4am everyday this week, though I suppose that is a big improvement from getting up at 2am last week.



Oh Italy, how I miss thee.



...and the gondola.

No comments:

Post a Comment